Athamas Nine Divines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its not who you want to spend Friday night with, it's who you want to spend all of Saturday with.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mingle (apartment living)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

Mingle (apartment living) Empty
PostSubject: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 am

Everyone in this rp live in the same apartment building. This is how we all met each other. The owner of the apartment building can be kind of a jerk, so no one wants to get on his bad side, not that he's ever really there. He actually lives in New York City, where as we live in the small town of Hillcrest Springs. For a small town it includes quite some dramas. From college, the exams, the homework, and having to succed. From the parties, and trying to fit in, and find your place in the world. The friendships and relationships, struggles toils, fights, you name it!

Characters:
~You are allowed five characters
~All characters must be between the ages 18-27
~You are allowed two animals (Apartment rules)
~Apartments can be shared, but only two characters are allowed in each one
~You can have two jobs max
~Your character doesnt have to go to college
~Your characters may cuss but they must use comic book form EX: B*!@*%^ for bastard

The Apartment Building

Mingle (apartment living) 77651_0

Last edited by ak-kat on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theninedivines.forumotion.com
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 am

Nikita Da'Chele
Animals: a black cat & a icelandic sheep dog http://sparawarriors.webs.com/Portrait_of_a_Kitten_by_liquidonyx.jpg http://www.gotdogsonline.com/icelandic-sheepdog-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/pictures/icelandic-sheepdog-0003.jpg
Personality: is no where near to being clean and tidy, but she isnt a total slob. She spends half of her day attending all her classes and the other half working at the bar serving drinks and bartending before heading home and sleeping. She rarely hangs out with other people unlike her overly popular boyfriend. She plays on both the colleges soccer and volleyball team. Her personality will develop more as the rp goes.
Pic: http://hairsstyles.net/data/media/37/teenage-girls-hairstyles-89.jpg

Cal Da'Chele
Animals: pitbull http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/breeds/images/1100012.jpg
Personality: Cal, the older of the two twins is a clean freak and it bothers him to death that his sister is the opposite. He swears she does it just to piss with him, not that she'll admit it. Every morning he goes for a jog to start his day. He originally moved into an apartment with his sister, but they decided they'd rather live alone so the had their own personal space, not to mention it was weird. He came to live in this apartment to attend the local college, but graduated this year. He works as a farm hand on a local horse farm that he quite enjoys. His personality will develop more as the rp goes.
Pic: http://www.cbc.ca/heartland/blog/images/ty-thumb.jpg

Jeslyn Deburgess
Animals: rabbit and cat http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Bx4rkaz4_iY/S7iNhBkUbAI/AAAAAAAAAN8/MVj3uuv23c0/s400/Cat+Rabbit2.jpg
Personality: Jeslyn packed her stuff and moved out of the house as soon as possible. She absolutely hated being told what to do, and there was never abreak from it at home. She hasnt registered in the college yet, though she's considering it. Unfortunately, she has a tendancy to a bit of a wild child with a very upfront personality. Though due to her persona many people thinks shes had lotsa boyfriends and slept wth more guys than she can count, truthfully, she's only had two boyfriends her whole life. She has a temporary job at the animal shelter. There she cared for animals abandened and hurt, and gave them new homes. It was a perfect job for her due to her love for animals
Pic:https://media.photobucket.com/image/emo%20girl/kylie_morgan248/stylish-emo-girl-1.jpg

Last edited by ak-kat on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am

Leo (short for Leonardo)
Animals: none
Personality: Generally a nice guy but will do what needs to be done. Will develop more as the rp continues.
Hobbies: Reading, playing trumpet, going out in the woods, hanging out
Appearance:Mingle (apartment living) Tc
Job: Does odd jobs for people in town and is a bouncer at the local bar.

Last edited by Nightwolf on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: Mingle(apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 am

Zavier Dawn
Animals: None
Personality: quite, mysterious and shy... Will develop more as rp continues
Hobbies: singing, playing piano, writing songs/poems, flirting with beautiful girls
Appearance: 6 foot 3, slender, long-ish black hair, pale skin, and icey blue eyes that pierce your soul at a glance
Job: is a famous author of a book called "Monster,Monster" it's a book about a 15 year old boy who is possessed by a Demon of shadows

Back to top Go down
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:10 am

Nikita turned her head and looked out the window from her couch shortly before her new born kitten she had bought from one of the other apartment tendants jumped up on her lap. It meowed as it trompt across her to lay up on her chest. She gently stroked the cat and it began to purr. "Youre an easy little thing to amuse." Her dog layed quietly asleep at her feet and the radio played aimlessly in the background. "Its seven forty seven and what a beautiful sunrise it is this morning! Coming up next on KZY Radio, Sweet Dreams by none other than the Eurythmics! Stay tuned for Georges random spill of the day!" Nikita closed her eyes, she remembered listening to this song when she was younger. The kitten inched closer to her purred more displaying its craving for attention.

Cal looked at the buildings he must have seen a thousand times before on his morning jog. His dog ran ahead of him, mocking his slow speed. No matter how fast he ran or how hard he tried that dog was always ahead of him. He turned around a corner and jogged up the hill to the apartment building. He felt a slight change in the ground underneath him as he began jogging across the bridge, beaneath him ran a little river that you rarely found any fish in. There was a large lush green feild on the other side of the bridge as a draw in to buying an apartment. He ran up the stairs and opened the door before closing it and running up three fligts of stairs and opening the door to his room. He gave his dog a scoop of food before grabbing a towel and going to the bathroom for a shower. Today, was going to be a long day, he could feel it.

Last edited by ak-kat on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 am

Leo jumped out of bed as his alarm clock went off only to find he was still in his "uniform" from the night before. It had been a long night and he had had to throw a few guys out of the bar who were getting a little rough. He went over to his closet and picked out some day clothes that he could work in comfortably. He had to go to his boss's mother's house to mow her lawn and reshingle her roof. It was going to be a long day so he decided to take a quick shower and get his teeth brushed and whatnot before getting coffee ready. He turned on his radio and listened to it play Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. He hadn't heard the song in a long time but he still new every word. His shower was fairly short and he started a pot of coffee tuning out the radio so that he could think a little more clearly while his coffee brewed. He looked out his window at the field outside and tapped the kitchen counter impatiently. The sun was keeping him awake and soon the smell of coffee was too. When everything was ready he put a little sugar in his coffee cup and filled it to the brim. He sipped a little before putting the lid on and grabbing his car keys and his jacket from the closet. He locked his apartment up and stopped for a moment making sure he wasn't forgetting anything.
Back to top Go down
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Zavier sat in his room, at his computer typing away like there was no tomorrow. He was working on the sequel to his book Monster, Monster. He heard barking outside of his window. He didn't pause to see what the noise was, for he already knew: it was his neighbor, Cal out for his morning jog. 
Zavier rarely interacted with his neighbors. He often found them annoying. Although, he had to admit, they did provide entertainment from time to time.  
Zavier glanced at the time. It was still early, but he had been writing for several hours. Zave was a  night person, his mind always seemed to work better at night than in the day. Plus to much sun light gave him a head ache. He preferred the moon, lighting up the world in a cool and soft glow, unlike the cruel harshness of the sun. 
Zave rubbed his temple, it wasn't good for him to stare at the computer screen for too long. He leaned back into his chair, running his finger through his pitch black hair, letting out a heavy sigh. Zavier felt very... alone. Usually he preferred it that way. Maybe he was just overly tired, but today he craved human interaction. 
Zave pushed himself out of his office chair, effortlessly gliding across the room like a ghost, entering his bathroom. He turned on the shower, waiting for the water to get warm. He liked it boiling hot. Then he caught a glance of himself in the mirror.
Zavier looked horrible. His skin was whiter than usual and there were bags under his eyes. Eyes that once shined, were now cold and dead. Unable to express any emotion. 
Zavier sighed again. The kind of sigh a person with deep sorrow and pain sighed. It was long and full of... exhaustion.
Zave looked away, finished undressing and hopped into the shower. The water made him feel better, almost as if it washed away all his sins of the past. 
He spent an hour in the shower before getting out. Humming to himself, Zavier got dressed and laid down for a nap. Planing on resting before going to the outside world. 
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

Location : A place where there are pretty unicorns that eat rainbows and poop butterflies :3

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 am

(Wowzasss! Looks like you guys need a girl in here! I shall join :3 Kitkatsters, I like the site!! Very Happy)
Mingle (apartment living) Barbar11

Audre'AhnaPaigeMerewen

Full Name|||Audre'Ahna Paige Merewen *Audrie for short*
Age|||Twenty-One
Gender/Sexual Orientation|||Female, Straight
Personality|||Audrie is one of those 'Go with the flow' kind of girls; relaxed and down to earth. Sure she likes to dress up when she has the chance and puts thought into her wardrobe, but she isn't stuck up about it. She is friendly with people she likes, and not so much with people she doesn't like, and let me tell you, you don't want to be one of those people, because her temper is as red hot as her hair. But don't worry, she usually likes most people, and is very friendly and a cheerful person to be around; she likes to joke and play, and act immature at times.Though she is in her twenties, a big part of her kid-self still exists in her, and it doesn't take much to bring it out. All in all, Audrie is a great friend, loyal, honest, and trustworthy, and fun to be around!

Quirks|||A tell tale sign that Audrie is stressed, annoyed, flustered or in any sort of bad mood is that she started to clean. If she started feeling under stress she'll start to organize anything that is organize-able and within her reach. Another quirk of hers is that she usually doodles when she's bored or has nothing else to do, or just has to more her hands, it's not like the average person who just grabs a pen and scribbles random things on a paper, No. She usually does her doodling with a sharpie, and draws intricate designs either on a paper, or herself.
Animals|||A cat named Whiskers, yes it's a very original name, I know, but she named him when she was young. It's a fat ol' cat that likes to sit around and sleep. Then again what cat doesn't like those two things? Razz
Job|||Barista at the local cafe/book store/gift shop, The Coffee Nook.
|||
Back to top Go down
http://momentsxx.forumotion.com/forum
smileyface

smileyface

Location : A place where there are pretty unicorns that eat rainbows and poop butterflies :3

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:58 am

A sigh left my lips as I scrolled through the songs on my ipod as I waited in the elevator, I had over a thousand songs that I had accumulated over the years, and it became harder and harder to find a song that I actually wanted to listen to. Finally I came across 'Cosmic Love' by Florence + The Machine and turned the volume up a bit, this is one of the few songs that I could listen to over and over again without getting tired. I slipped my ipod into my pocket and stepped out when the elevator doors dinged open, I glanced around glimpsing a few familiar faces then continued on my way out the doors. I hurried a little because I had been late one too many times getting into work, and my boss wasn't exactly thrilled with this little fact, she actually said that she was on the verge of firing me, and lets face it, I needed that job, so I had to hurry! I looked up and caught my reflection in the large mirror behind the front desk, I cringed a bit at my hair, I had woken up late and hadn't had time to get my hair together before heading out, it was starting to dry the way it usually did, very wavy. I sighed and tried to pat it down in an attempt to make it look at least half way decent, but I kinda knew it was futile. I grabbed the handle to the front door swung it outwards and stepped out into the crisp morning air, gladly welcoming the fresh air into my lungs as I inhaled deeply and walked out to the sidewalk, exhaling.
Back to top Go down
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 am

Nikita eventually pulled the cat off of her and went to feed it. She rubbed against her leg and twirled inbetween them making it slightly more difficult to walk. She grabbed the difficult kitten and cuddled it in her arms, "You know Sasha, for such a cute thing, you can be such a pain." Petting the cat she walked to her room and into her closet. "What to wear, what to wear?" The dog had obviously woken up because he let out a quiet bark and lightly tugged one of her over coats and then walked over and tugged on a shirt before dragging a pair of jeans out of her open dresser drawer. "Thank you Sam." She put the kitten down and it immediately began playing with the older dog. The outfit was simple and cute consisting of a grey shirt with a black heart on it with a black jacket lengthening in the front and a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of short black heeled boots. She grabbed her shoulder bag, holding all her school books and work before opening the door and running out of it. Only after getting to the stairs did she realize she had left her keys inside her room. "Oh well, Ill be late if I stay and try to break back in."

Cal finished his shower and threw on a plaid flanel with a black shirt underneath and a pair of blue jeans. He stopped to put his hiking boots on at the door and then grabbing his keys left for work. He walked slowly down the stairs and climbed into his truck right outside the door. Flipping the radio on he took off, switching gears as he changed speed. It was only a fifteen minute drive to the ranch so he was there in no time. He immediately went to feed the horses. Dragging the hay to each of the stalls was a strenous task due to the amount of horses that were kept here, but not the hardest of his tasks. Later he would be replacing posts of the fence that were coming out, help with taking the horses out for a run and then begin painting the barn. Today would be a fast and easy day.

Jeslyn pulled one of the rabbits out for the little boy in front of her who was giddy with joy at the thought of getting a new pet. The boy looking of about eight was quite an open person and she liked it about the boy. "I saved up all the money for him! my mom and dad made me work around the house for a weekly allowance of four dollars and I did jobs around the neighborhood for a small amount of money, and I finally got enough!" Jeslyn smiled as the boy played with the little rabbit, "I want this one for sure!" She looked at his parents standing a little bit away from him. His mother was leaning against his father, both were smiling. Jeslyn gave him an animal carrier and then walked up to the cash register with the family. "Here you go." The boy said handing her a wad of cash. She counted it and she noticed his mother frown, but Jeslyn kept smiling. The boy was short thirteen dollars, so she snuck some cash out of her purse and said, "He's all yours buddy, come up with a good name for him, okay? Then stop by some time to let me know what you name him." The boy smiled even more, "Okay!" He ran out to his car with the rabbit and she watched as he hopped in. "We can pay you the extra money back." His father said pulling out his wallet but Jeslyn shook her head, "Theres no need." The boys mother hugged her and said, "Thank you, he's been so looking forward to this!" Jeslyn nodded, "I understand." She watched as the parents left and wished her parents had been as nice as them.
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am

Leo hopped into his black '65 and turned the engine over. He put his coffee cup in the drink holder and shifted the car into first and sped down the road. His boss's mother's name was Mrs. Henderson, she was widowed and her son hardly ever saw her so she was always calling him up with jobs to do around the house that he called Leo for. Leo didn't mind because it helped pay the bills and she was relaxing to talk to. The only problem was that she lived on the other side of town and it took him a while to get there even when there was little to no traffic. He got there by 8:15 and pulled up to the house and honked his horn to let her know he was there. She was on the front porch swing and gave him a smile and a wave and pointed at the garage for the tools he would need for the jobs ahead. Leo put the car into neutral and hopped out with his coffee and rolled the garage door up to find a bunch of shingles he would need and the lawn mower. I'll mow the lawn first, it won't take too long and i need to wake up. Leo thought to himself. He grabbed the push powered lawn mower and got to work. After about an hour he was finished and he took the ladder and started reshingling the roof. He had to take off the old shingles and everything. He sighed and mumbled to himself "This is going to take a while". He got to work and tuned everything else out wondering to himself why he hadn't thought to grab his ipod when he left this morning.

Car:Mingle (apartment living) IMG_6033
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:34 pm

I walked a little ways further and finally came up to the quaint little coffee shop. Without hesitating I pushed in the wood and glass door and was immediately engulfed by the rich aroma of fresh brewed coffee. I was instantly relaxed by the welcoming smell, most people might think it's overwhelming, but to me, it smelled like home. When I was younger my father had always brewed coffee every morning for my Mum and himself, then when I got older for me too. It became a familiar thing for me, and I loved it. That was the main reason I had gotten this job, after my father died I had felt so lost, but then I found this lovely little nic nac/book/coffee shop and got a job. Had been working here ever since, which was two years, I got a nice salary, and wasn't exactly manager, but very close to it, whenever the actual manager was away I'd take over and get paid double. It was a nice set up, and I enjoyed being around coffee and people all day. I walked behind the counter and gave friendly smiles and hellos to all my friends as I made my way to the back where there was a small room where we left our things, I set my stuff down on one of the sofas, grabbed my apron off the hanger. I quickly wrapped it around my waist and tied a little granny knot to secure it, then walked back out, I check my watch, two minutes to eight. I reached up and turned the closed sign on the door around so that it read open and I switched on the lights. The room was filled with twinkling little white lights that were strung around the room, as well as a strand that had been hung up outside to draw attention to the shop. I smiled to myself, it was a nice little shop, and we had lots of regulars who would come in every day just to look at all the new things we'd put out. Janet, my coworker and friend usually comes in a half an hour to an hour earlier to set out new items before opening time. I checked my reflection in the window once before I turned and walked over to the cash register, waiting for the clients to come flowing in.
Back to top Go down
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:34 am

When Zavier woke up, it must have been at least nine-thirty, meaning he didn't get much sleep. Zave cursed his insomnia, because he felt like a piano fell out of the sky and hit him in the head.
  Zavier hauled himself out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. Where he brushed his teeth and ran a comb through his  shoulder length hair. His skin looked somewhat healthier, and the bags under his eyes were mostly gone. 
Zave looked at himself  in the mirror one last time before exiting the safety of his apartment. As he walked down the halls and out the door, Zave decided he needed coffee. Fast. 
He vaguely remembered a cozy café place were a cute red head worked, he decided to go there. 
When Zave came to the quant little coffee shop, the sight he saw almost caused him to turn around and run for his dear life. Why? Well because in a booth by the window he saw a past mistake, his ex girlfriend Maia, an obsessive freak who stalked (sp?)  him for two years, before he moved and changed his name. 
Maia looked up from where she sitting, delighted at what she saw, "found you!" she mouthed, getting up from her chair excitedly.
Zavier bolted, colorful curses escaping his lips with every step as he ran as fast as he could. And  almost getting hit by a black '65, in the process. The car looked familiar, one of his neighbors maybe? Probably, there weren't many of those types of car in their town.
Zave kept running until he saw a good place to hide, the local animal shelter. Maia would never look there, she hated animals. 
Catching his breath, Zavier leaned against the wall, and  was greeted by a cute girl at the front desk.
Back to top Go down
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Jeslyn smiled at the guy. "You cant be in that much of a hurry to adopt a pet." She twisted her hair around her finger and did a once over of the guy before her. He wasnt too bad looking honestly, actually quite the looks of her type of guy. Walking out from behind the counter she lifted his chin to look at her, "So why are you here? Is the mob after you? Commit a crime and running from the cops? Crazy person?" She stopped and pulled her hand away, "I know! Youre running from a lunatic hobo whos decided he's going to kill you for your clothes!" She smiled at him again before laughing.

Nikita barely made it to her first class on time and exhaled quietly from her running. Pulling out of her bag her laptop and a couple of the books for the class. She was anxious though, knowing she would be completing college in less than a week, and at the top of her class at that.

Cal wasnt surprised that after only a few hours his job was comletely done for the day. "Hey, I'm done for the day, I'll see you tomorrow?" The man working on his car mumbled a thank you and goodbye. "Now what to do..."
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Leo finished up the roof after about an hour or two and climbed down the ladder. "Everything's all done and looks good. Let me know if you need anything else done, ok Mrs. Henderson?" he said as she handed him a check for the work he'd done. He didn't charge much but it would be enough to get part his rent paid and fill his tank on his car. "Thank you" he said as he waved to the old widow and got into his car, putting his seat belt on and turning up his radio. He rolled down his windows to let the cool breeze flow through and cool him off as he pulled out of the driveway and went to a quaint little coffee shop that he liked to go to after working. After about fifteen minutes of driving he pulled into a parking space and turned off his car, after rolling up the windows, and grabbed his keys. He locked his car up and walked towards the front door of the coffee shop, pushing it open and was engulfed by the smell of coffee. He breathed in deeply simply because he liked the smell and could hang out here for hours on end. Leo walked up to the counter and, with a small smile on his face, asked the red headed woman who was running the register, "Hey, can I get a twenty ounce mocha. Double shot?" She looked familiar but he couldn't place where he had seen her before or her name. One of his neighbors possibly? Or someone he saw while in town? He couldn't remember and decided to stop thinking about it. She's kinda cute he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Cal pulled up to the college and walked inside, the one class Nikita had left before graduating was over by now and she'd be anxious to head to work. Strolling down the familiar hallways he immediately went to the library knowing she would be there. "Hey!" he shouted before being shooshed by the librarian. "Okay, okay." he whispered walking up to his sister. "You ready to go?" She nodded getting up from where she was sitting on the floor examining books. "How was class?" he asked trying to make casual conversation. "It was okay, but i honestly cant wait until its over. I cant wait to work in the hospital." She was smiling when he looked at her and he almost hated bringing her back to reality. "You still have to apply and get accepted first though." Nodding she grabbed the door and swung it open, holding it just long enough for him to grab it so it wouldnt swing shut in his face. "Did you go to see her yet?" He knew Nikita wasnt trying to be mean by the comment, but he also knew that he was too scared to even say hi. "No." the tone of his voice must have told her not to pick the issue up again because she switched topics. "You should hang out at the bar tonight Get some social interaction."
"Nahh, not quite the type of socia; interaction I want. Drunks really arent that interesting." She rolled her eyes, "They arent all drunks!" He shrugged, "Could a fooled me."

Nikita loved her brother but she also knew he could be an arrogant ass, especially when it came to the bar. "I need to be there in ten minutes." she said, Cal turning to look at her. "Why do they want you there so early today? Usually you dont work until the late shift." Nikita stopped long enough to think of the other female employee who had worked there. She had decided to quit after a guy tried to make a move on her. "The old employee quit and so I said I'd take over her hours as well as mine until they found a new person. Its more income though, which isnt that bad" Cal shrugged, "Well, I dont much blame them for quiting." He flinched as she punched him in the arm. "Be careful or I'll drive off the road!" Pulling her arm back to herself she sat her hands in her lap. "Fine. But only cause I dont want to die. Im already scared to death of your horrible driving!"
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I attended the customers as they came and went, buying books, trinkets, coffee and food, most of them were regulars that came in before work and I had most of their orders ready before they even stepped into the shop. At one point people stopped coming in so frequently and I was left to my thoughts as I sat behind the counter staring out the window. I was like this for a few minutes before i heard the loud chime of the door as a customer stepped in. I smiled warmly at him and couldn't help but notice how familiar he looked, I couldn't place where I had seen him though. "Twenty ounce? Someones thirsty!" I laughed and smiled, "Coming right up." I turned around and began to prepare it, when it was done I set it down on the counter in front of him. "That will be $3.95." I said with a smile
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Leo laughed a little and simply said, "Been a long day at my other job. Gotta wake up for my night shift." When she came back with his coffee all ready and asked for the money he pulled a five dollar bill out of his wallet and gave it to her. "Keep the change" he said with a smile as she reached to put away the money in her register. He was about to leave but stopped for a second and turned around, "I'm sorry, but you look familiar. Have I met you somewhere before?" he asked with a slight curious look.
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 pm

"Ah, gotcha." I smiled as I took the money and was about to pull out his change when he said to keep the change, "Oh thanks, have a nice day!" I replied and closed the register and was about to turn around when I heard him speak again, "You know I was just thinking the same thing!" I exclaimed, "You look really familiar but I don't think we've met, maybe we've seen each other somewhere... I just moved here and don't really know anyone." I said and shrugged, then as an afterthought added, "Do you by any chance live in or near (address/name of apartment building here, I have no idea xD)?" I asked curiously, my eyebrows furrowed as I tried to remember where I'd seen him before, "Because I think I may have seen you around there, but my brain is currently running on zero caffeine so everything is still a bit fuzzy." I said and chuckled a bit as I leaned on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Leo chuckled slightly and took a sip of his coffee and nodded at her, "I live in the same apartment building. That's probably where I've seen you before. Do you go to the bar at all?" he asked. "And if you're running on zero caffeine here, I find it always helps to get ya goin again." he pulled out another five and said, "Get yourself a cup of coffee. On me" giving her a small smile.
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 pm

"Aha! I knew I had seen you somewhere!" I said satisfied that I had figured it out and smiled, "I go with my friends occasionally when they're around town, but I haven't gone recently though." I said and shrugged, "Why do ya ask?" My cheeks turned a bit pink and I shook my head, "That's really sweet, but you don't have to, really!" I insisted with a smile, I bit my lip and looked down, a bit shy, not knowing how to react to his offer. I mentally slapped myself, most girls would have come up with something flirty to say and accepted his offer with a smile, but I was too shy to know how to respond.
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Leo just smiled and replied, "I'm a bouncer there so I may have seen you there also. Just a thought." He noticed her blush and bite her lip and said, "I insist. It's the least I can do for bothering you at work." He gave her a friendly smile and put the five into her hand and began walking away to go sit down and relax slightly before work started tonight. Wonder what she'll do...maybe get herself that cup of coffee or something. Today seems slow here. he thought to himself while walking over to a table and taking a seat.
Back to top Go down
smileyface

smileyface

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm

"Yeah, maybe." I smiled and took the five when he put it in my hand, "Okay, if you insist," I laughed, "Thanks, see ya around!" I added and watched him walk over to a table, I turned and put the five in my pocket as I heard Janet calling me into the back to help her clean up a mess or something.. That girl is such a klutz. I laughed and rolled my eyes when I saw her frantic expression when she peered around the corner at me, "I.. kinda.. uh, knocked over the coffee container.."
"Oh gosh Janet.." I trailed off as I stepped into the back room, only to be greeted by the crunch of coffee grounds beneath my feet. "Really, Janet? Really?" I couldn't help but laugh and face-palm myself, "I'll go get a broom." I said as I walked towards the closet, Guess the caffeine will have to wait till later. I sighed. "Go manage the till if any customers come in, I'll get this cleaned up in a second."
"Are you sure?" Janet asked looking scared.
"Yes, I'm sure, it's fine don't worry about it, we're getting a new shipment in tomorrow anyways, it's no biggie." I smiled and waved her off as I began to sweep the mes into one pile.
Back to top Go down
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Leo saw her go into the back room and continued to drink his coffee. He looked at his watch and saw that it was almost seven. I really should get ready for work he thought to himself. He slowly sipped his coffee and continued to look around him as people filtered in and out of the coffee shop, getting blasted by the cool breeze outside every time the door opened and shut. It felt good as he sat there, thinking to himself for a good twenty minutes or so. I never did get her name, all we figured out is that we live in the same apartment complex. Oh well. I can always get it later. Or she'll drop by the bar or something. Who knows, the world is weird like that. he mused to himself as he finished his coffee, tossed his coffee cup into the trash, and began to leave.
Back to top Go down
ak-kat
Admin
ak-kat

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 pm

The day shift had been slow and Nikita was glad that it was slowly rolling into the night shift. The customer rate would pick up greatly and tips would be rolling in like crazy.But that wasnt the only reason she was happy about the night shift. She had been begging her employer for months to ask the band Static Cyce to play, and she had finally said yes. Who wouldve ever guessed a small town Alaskan band would travel a thousand miles to play in a small town in the lower forty eight? She watched as the band set themselves up and began warming up. Tonight would be one of the best, as long as nothing went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mingle (apartment living)   Mingle (apartment living) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mingle (apartment living)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Athamas Nine Divines :: The Divines :: Multi-Player RP's-
Jump to: